Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Thank Your Loved Ones

When was the last time you thanked your loved ones for loving you?  And if you've said it, have you said it enough?  Probably not.

We're all guilty of it.  We get caught up in the daily routine and forget to say it.  Personally, I know that I'm not an easy person to love all the time.  I get grumpy, angry, snappy...but I know my kids, friends, and boyfriend love me regardless.  The hardest time to say, "Thank you for loving me" is exactly when you ARE feeling grumpy, angry, or snappy.  But aren't you grateful that even when you're throwing a fit (and you know when you are), your loved ones STILL love you.  And you know what?  I think that's when it means the most.  You might be surprised at how saying those words change your attitude right at that moment.  You might be feeling like you're eating crow when you say it, but I guarantee you it will go a long way.  Oh, and you have to mean too (no sarcasm!).

And you don't have to wait until you're in the middle of an argument to say it either...sometimes, it's just nice to hear.  Don't let another day go by without saying it to someone you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment